There has been so much in the news about suicide at the moment, and I know it is not that it just 'on the news' but that it is really happening. I think I heard that in Australia there are 2 or 3 people that commit suicide EVERY DAY. Think about the amount of people that directly affects EVERY DAY. I was thinking how can this be stopped, what can be done! The Salvation Army run programs for families affected by suicide, there are help lines for people, Beyond Blue aims to help people suffering depression.....so much is happening but it is not stopping it.
Well, I know that Jesus is the remedy. And I know that I have that remedy. Wow, what a responsibility. Help me Jesus!
A lot of 'soul-searching' has been happening here. And while I am trying desperately to be what I should (On the CD David Crowder says 'let's live the way we sing'), and there is so much more I need to do........ I do look back with thanks for what God has allowed me to do. I look at it all in awe, humbleness and heart-felt gratitude.
Last Monday a little girl I knew went to be with Jesus. God loved her so much he provided a home, security and love for her. I am so thankful that I have played a tiny, tiny, tiny part in God's plan being played out.

My husband and I first went to India in 1997......here we are a lot younger and thinner.........

Since then I have been back 4 times and my husband 5. We have life-long friends now. We even have some very special children...... One night one boy told Jonathan that he was going to be in
the army when he grows up and he will send us money all the time. This was so special because that is what they do for their parents.
There is a little boy who arrived at the orphanage when we were there in 2002. He was actually almost the age my baby is now! I didn't see him arrive, but I did see his grandfather walking out of the orphanage gates after giving him to the staff of the orphanage. I know that the absolute last thng in the entire world that that man wanted was to be walking out of those gates without his grandson....my heart broke!
For the next couple of days, Remrem would be found down at the gates. He looked so alone and scared. I will NEVER forget that!.
Over that time, and then over the years Remrem became very special to me. I remember that first time I was there I was just devastated....I wanted to cuddle him so much (and I did), but then I realised I would be leaving too so was really torn between loving him and staying away......
Anyway, during my trips back we have always been special friends.






And here is a life long friend of mine. I have been trying to call her the past week. She has moved and is now working in another orphanage in Mumbai. She is a beautiful person!

So, I guess the whole purpose to this post is just to say my God is so good. I can't imagine what it would be like not to have this love, this hope, this assurance. My prayer today is that I would show someone this Remedy........
3 comments:
Lovely Post Melanie :) I have to admit I was a bit teary having a look at this post!! I would love to go to India one day... But I know that I would be tempted to bring ALL the children home with me :( I really do admire you... Your such a beautiful & talented person!! (& much more...)
Alicia is very fond of you also!! Yesterday Daniel walked into her room and she said to him "don't sit there, that's Melanie's seat!!" (she was having a tea party) She also said that you are her friend and Lachlan is Daniel's friend!! (not sure where that leaves me!! lol)
oh that was a beautiful post Mel...really touched me seeing those children and how much love they have and need. Praise God that He can be our gap. I am fighting back the tears for these children but I know they are well taken care of by the people God has entrusted them with. thank you for sharing this.... xx
beautiful Mel, thanks for sharing
Post a Comment