Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Countdown Begins!


Tonight I was really thinking about how good God is - yes to me, but just in general really. If we only would put all our petty troubles aside and focus on what is true, honest, good.....we would see how great HE is! Things may not be perfect, but Jesus still loves us unconditionally.
It's like those moments with a 3 year old - he is tired, not sure what he wants to do, so goes through the house like a hurricane. I get frustrated and upset, but do I love him any less? NO WAY! Nothing could change how much I love him.......how much more does our Heavenly
Father......

I am down to 3 weeks to go. I have always thought that 3 weeks is like the official countdown. And now I really do know it is almost here...I was told today that I look like I am going to pop.... hmmmm, not the most flattering thing I have heard, but true :)
So, what will it be like? I don't know how many times I have been told 'Wait till you have 2...you won't know what you did before', and '2 is so much more work than 1' etc, etc, etc. I am sure this is all very true, but when does that stop? When I have 2 there will always be someone with 3. If I have 3 there will always be someone with 4. If I have 4 there....well, lets just see :)
I know it will be busier, and I will have to re-organise myself. I have just about given up the whole nappy/change bag thing - going out with just my boy and my handbag is lovely. So I will have to start packing the big nappy bag again :)
How will Lachlan be? I think ok. I know he will be gentle. He loves his cuddles with me, so that may be a bit harder if the timing doesn't work. We went out grocery shopping the other day and he actually walked next to the trolley the whole time!
I still have a bit to do, although I feel ready and wouldn't stress too much if he came early. I made a mobile! I will change a bit on it, and need to attach the hanging ribbon properly. I also want to find one nice new outfit for the baby - no luck yet.

Enough rambling (waiting for Jonathan to get home from Sydney), off to bed to read some books about birth :)

Oh, I'm going to do this dvd devotional this week :)



No comments: