Yesterday at the supermarket I was rushing through on the way home to pick up a few things. The lady at the checkout was someone I once worked with. I don't even know her name, but always say hello and the usual polite how are you going/see you next time kind of talk. After being served, she came around the counter to have a look at Lucas. She told me was beautiful and how lucky I am to have two lovely boys {that, I don't need to be reminded of :)}. As I was walking off, she stopped me and said 'If I had a baby that beautiful I wouldn't clean, or sweep or do any washing or ironing, I would just spend time with him'.
A perfect reminder. I know all to well how quickly time goes - Lucas is rolling, holding his arms out to me, and even had a teaspoon of rice cereal today - but I needed reminding......
just spend time with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment