I just watched this video. It's a long one, but it's a beautiful one. One about how amazing and beautiful nature is, about happiness, about imagination, about how important each and every day is, it's about gratefulness!
I enjoyed the video, but one thing was missing. God. It mentions God, and explains 'God' as that personal journey we are all on. How sad. How sad to be grateful for so much ..... but grateful to who? Thank You Jesus, that I know You. I know the One who from the beginning of time had a plan. HE has given me each of my days. I am grateful to Him for this day. I look at this day - the 6th of March and think about each person I spoke to, each person I looked at. Did I make the most of each of those moments? Did I add anything to this day?
Years ago, my sister and I started a grateful journal. Each day we wrote down 5 things that we were grateful for. I found that journal the other day. It was funny to read through the little blessings I became aware of each day ..... Jonathan gave me a lift to Civic this morning so I didn't have to catch buses ... on the way home I overtook my first car .... when I got home late from Uni mum had dinner and dessert waiting for me ... sunsets ... an email from Jonathan ... my piano students had practiced! ... Scott told me it feels like he has two sisters called Melanie now :) ... I got an extension on an assignment ... time I could spend with my mum ... Daniel went to youth camp and is happy ... wow! I wish I had kept a better journal - I hardly remember any of these things!

Then finally, I read about Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare - http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/01/the-1-habit-your-new-year-cant-do-without-giveaway/
Hmmm.....I might try to do some of these. I know I won't get 1000 done, but maybe a few a month!
1 comment:
so true. ;)
Post a Comment