Thursday, May 3, 2012

Motherhood

My little boy is sick. He hasn't really been sick all that much, but today he has a horrible cough which makes him bring up whatever he has eaten last. He didn't sleep today and went to bed early, but woke up coughing a couple of hours later. Here I am at 1:30am....... and he has just gone back to sleep. I am on my way to bed and just stopped by because I feel teary and I want to say that no matter how hard this {motherhood} is I  am grateful. It is probably because I am so very tired, but I just feel blessed, honoured, scared, vulnerable all at once. The other day I listened to my other boy talking with other kids who were not being very nice to him. I didn't do anything. I just listened. I heard Lachlan go quiet and then try to keep on talking to the kids. It makes me sad that he will have to be hurt by others, but I know that he will have to be brave and strong enough to deal with it and carry on with life. I just want to protect them as much as I can :)
This is such a big job. I am constantly wanting to do it well. I try and I fail. I thank God that His grace continues to be enough.
Tonight I read Lachlan his bible. We are up to when Jesus died for us. I was explaining as I read (the bible he has does a fantastic job of telling stories in interesting and understandable ways for kids), and he got all teary! I think it was the part when Judas came to the garden with all the soldiers. I had to make sure I read until Mary saw Jesus again after his resurrection. Then we prayed. It was a little bit of life that I don't want to forget.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful Mel! I got goose bumps reading it! You'll have to let me know what bible Lachlan has.

Melanie said...

It's the Jesus Bible, the one we used for last years SS presentation. I love it!