I know how powerful the Word of God is!
It was the Word of God that created the earth and everything in it. The Word of God delivered the Israelites from bondage. It was the Word of God that Peter stepped out on as he walked on the water.
In my life I know the power of holding onto the promises of Gods Word. He is not a man that He would lie. When He says something it is true.
Last night during the worship service we were singing the song 'Made Me Glad'. I was rejoicing in the fact that God is my shield, my strength, my portion, deliverer, strong tower, my very present help in time of need. I know he is all of these things because He has proven Himself to me time and time again.
I looked down at Lachlan and became so much more thankful that God is all these things for my children. I try my hardest to protect them, shield them, provide for them, help them, but I know I am limited in what I can do. Especially with Lachlan at preschool and starting full time school next year! I can't be there all the time. I can't shield him from hurts.
So, I picked Lachlan up during that song and spoke the Word of God into his ear. 'Sweet Jesus, thank you that you are always there for Lachlan. You are always there to protect him. When he feels sad or lonely he can always count on You to be there for him. Please be with Lachlan when he is at school tomorrow. Please help him be a kind and caring boy, strengthen him each day, keep him safe.......' Then Lachlan prayed. It was a precious few moments. Of course I pray these thing each night, but last night God's presence was with us in a very real way.

No comments:
Post a Comment