Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Little Break....

....from cleaning! I have been cleaning all day today - apart from when I was out grocery shopping this morning. I just stopped by the study, checked my email and once I was sitting I just didn't feel like getting up again to do that dusting. I will in a minute, but since I haven't posted for a very long time again, I thought I would do a quick ramble and get back to it :)
After this past weekend, my life will be at a pace slower. The past probably two months have been hectic, but things are back to 'routine' now which is why today is a big clean up - last week it didn't happen because there were other things needing to be done.

Sunday School camp was fantastic. Truthfully, I was feeling a little blah last week. I think the camp reminded me that I was meant to be very pregnant right now.... that and some other matters going on meant I had to do a little work in the 'battlefield of my mind' (been doing a great study with a boy on this subject...loving it!). Anyway, not only was the camp great and the kids had a fantastic time....God really spoke to me. We had 3 teacher devotion times and I just thank God so much that He sees us, He hears us, He listens to us and He speaks to us!!!!! I mean it was directly to me!!!!! There was a prophesy that I am sure spoke to others, but honestly it could have been only me sitting in that room. The Brother giving the devotion spoke about fear and how our fears are what control us (phobias etc). He said how if we feared God - in the biblical sense - then it would be easy to let Him control us/our thoughts....there was a whole lot of relevant things to me at this time in my life. God is good!

So, I am really looking forward to a couple of weeks of getting back into a 'normal routine'. I have nearly finished Lachlan's bear blanket.....very excited about that! I resolved myself to the fact that I won't get all 12 bears finished (actually that I will never find the exact match of cream blanketing on which to do the bears), so am just going with the 7 that are done. Going to sew up some fabric boxes tonight for a friends birthday, I should get my second bom next week sometime, have some challenging books on the go at the moment, and will be preparing for term 3 Sunday School....I am actually teaching a class now :)
By the way, if you are reading this all you lovely mums from church......have a look at the Sunday School blog, do the prayer thing, send me a photo or comment. I am meant to be giving something away... what do I do if there is no one to give it to?!! You never know you might just be the only one and win something. The prize is really cute actually, I want one...maybe I should go in it, then I would be the only one and win it myself :)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Well I'm going in it so you'll have to compete against me!

I'm really glad that things are settling down for you now - you deserve a break!

xo

Rob and Heather said...

Yes you do deserve a break, Mel!!!

Ruth and I should kidnap you ...

Melanie said...

I didn't actually say on the post, but I have a pink and a blue rewards chart! I should have said it all better I think....oh well, next time. They are worth $20! I am excited about it ;)

You're both very kind, but I really don't deserve a break any more than the next person!!!!!