Saturday, May 23, 2009

A whole month and I haven't posted! I have gone to, but then something or someone is always waiting for me. 

I have that 'inspired/exciting' feeling today. I went to the Handmade Markets today. LOTS of gorgeous stuff! I want to make it all .... But the cutest things were these fabric brooches. I bought a ribbon one and will try to make the fabric ones - they look easy enough :) Oh and I saw the most adorable clips and hairbands for little girls. Thankfully I have plenty of neices who can be my excuses for making lots of these. Beautiful reversible bibs and baby boottees. I feel it all bubbling around inside me!!!!!!!

Anyway, back to reality....there are NO golden leaves left on the tree out my window. Thankfully I am feeling .... 'constant' I think the word is. Some days (like yesterday) a single tear will surprise me and I feel that little ache inside. It is always there, but sometimes it seems a bit more noticable than other times.

My baby turns 2 next week. I love birthdays, and his birthday has reminded me what birthdays are all about - celebrating the fact that a person was born! My little man is just that. When we are walking around the shops he says 'Nol-nol follow mummy' and he swings his arms as he walks behind me. Yesterday he saw his first rainbow, and since then has wanted me to 'Sing A Rainbow' song. Today as we were driving he was looking out the sun roof of the car and said excitedly 'Nol-nol see a teddy bear!' He was looking up at the clouds very intently. I love that he is my little companion. 

So, the past 3 weeks or so have been particularly busy for me. I am always amazed that it is my busiest times that I get the most done. Obviously, but I seem to fit more in than I would have planned. For example, my days (well, those precious spare couple of hours) have been spent working on big projects for church, but I find extra hours in the day - like early last saturday morning when I made this: 



I bought the pattern from here. It was quite easy. The hardest thing was that the fabric was so stiff, which made sewing around the curves difficult. Also, one of the edges of the hook did not catch in the sewing so I really have to fix that up soon! 
The fabric has little bugs all over it. I have been using the bag for a small nappy bag. It is great that I can head out of the house with one nappy and some wipes!



Last night I also found a couple of spare hours to make this:



It is the Amy Butler 'Frenchy Bag'. I am happy with it. My machine doesn't fit the bag at a certain point, so there is some top stitching that is missing. I thought a lot about making it, and was going to swap the interfacing to the lining, but in the end went with what the pattern said. The only problem is that I used iron on interfacing, so the fabric creases quite easily.

I was glad to read a post here which had some scrapbooking tips. I liked the 'Keep an Inspiration Journal'. That is what this blog is meant to be, although it is a mixed bag really. Quotes, pictures, projects, thoughts...I'll keep collecting them! Occasionally I think of not blogging, but it is a place to keep all of those things for now.


3 comments:

Kylee said...

lol...I'm so...shall I say - 'jealous' mel!!?! I was going to go to the handmade market today :( I'm sure it was absolutely amazing! I love the bag too, both of them lol!

Melanie said...

I only heard about the market on Friday. It was a whole lot of small businesses with their stalls set up. Only spent about 1/2 hour there, but loved it.....

Frances said...

Wow, love the bags their both gorgeous. I Love the material too... Your VERY clever!!