Apart from my tummy, which is definately growing each day, my little boy is growing so very quickly. Sometimes I can hardly remember what it was like to have that little 6 month old baby on my hip, and now he is a delightfully energetic 3 year old! I spent yesterday putting his new bed up and rearranging his furniture. He loves his 'huge' bed :) He is getting interested in what 'letters say'. The other day I told him I would help him write his name.....so cute! He was very focussed as he looked at each letter. I'll just have to take a picture to put here (cause I am such a proud mummy!)
Lachlan came to my last obstetrician appointment and talked constantly with the doctor - I think they had more to say to eachother than I did with her! He got to sit close to the monitor as the doctor had a quick look at things. She tried to get a good profile picture for Lachlan, but only really got the forehead and nose. Lachlan often comes and wants to give the baby a cuddle, and asks where his mouth is to give him a kiss :) He was wrapping his teddy up in a blanket today and putting him to bed, saying prayers with him, and going in when he cried!
10 days to go.....Jonathan and I are both ready. Jonathan will have 4 weeks leave, which will be great! I am very blessed to be married to him :) He was wonderful when I had Lachlan. I didn't want him away from my side for a second, so he even ran to the bathroom and ran back again!!!! I know he will be great this time too!
So as we quickly approach the birth of our baby my mind flashed back over the past 8 years and all that those years involved. News of others' births and losses (and probably hormones) have made me quite reflective lately. I am not sure if I want to share everything here, but I do want to get my thoughts and memories down somewhere. I know the things that we experience change us, whether positively or negatively. I have been through both, we'll see - it all began in August 2001....... for another time.
2 comments:
He RAN to the bathroom and back??? Oh, Mel ... he's got it BAD!! 8o)
Which is really, really CUTE!!
He's gonna be running all over the house this time ...
Ha! After I wrote that, I thought....maybe I shouldn't have....but I thought it was pretty sweet :)
Post a Comment