Monday, January 9, 2012

2011

Ok, so maybe this post makes up for months of no posts! Here is a look back at my 2011 :)

JANUARY

Starting off the year with a day trip to the coast ......


My boys .......



Australia Day concert with the Wiggles......



FEBRUARY
A little holiday to Merimbula.......

Lachlan caught 2 fish!


MARCH
Lisa's birthday cake. I can't believe when Josh asked me to make it I had no idea what Angry Birds was. I had to google it!!!!
A visit from Nana Rankin and Aunty Vicki....

Ladies prayer at Parliament House ........
Me and my boy (in his new highchair;) )......

APRIL
Celebrated my 34th birthday....
The amazing Lisa Ceely Photography once again.......
And a Nathional youth camp....

MAY
A visit to the zoo.......
A little fun 'planking'
I actually made something!!!! I used pieces from a charm pack to make these bibs......

JUNE
Lucas's first haircut :)
And my big boy turned 4!
Lachlan wanted a Toy Story party. Each night, for months before his birthday, we would talk about his party. He loved it. I made his birthday cake - Andy's bed. I was so happy with how it looked, although I was really disappointed with how it tasted (the most important thing!). I tried a new recipe for a madeira cake, but it was more like a biscuit!!!!!!! I'll just stick with my Women's Weekly Family Chocolate cake recipe from now on.
JULY
Soccerjoeys!!!!!!! Lachlan loves it.
Busy times with the holiday program 'Danny's Travelling Circus'......
Cooler weather meant lots of fun with indoor cubby houses....


AUGUST
With the weather getting warmer, we had more opportunities to do things like a ride to the park!
And the most exciting.....Lucas turned 1!!!!!
We had a little party at home. Have I mentioned how I love parties?? I had fun and I think Lucas knew something was going on ;)
Beautiful Aunty Lisa took some cute 'cake smash' photos of Lucas too. It was funny because during the shoot he wasn't too sure about what to do with the cake, but on his birthday he knew exactly what to do with his cake!!!

SEPTEMBER
We left for our trip to the Torres Strait. The flights were ok - 5 flights each way. One each way ended up not so great but the boys slept mostly on the other flights.
We got our home ready to go on the market to sell! Decluttering took so long, but felt good!

A last visit to the zoo with my boys. We got a annual pass the year before when Lucas was born. It was fun, but I now wish I went more often!

And we celebrated mums birthday!

OCTOBER
A trip of a life time! We took the boys up to the Torres Strait Islands for an AYM trip. It was amazing! We started on Moa Island (Kubin village) and then went to Mer Island (Murray) . This picture is of Lachlan on Mer Island......
Jonathan also went to Darwin for an AYM trip. That was the weekend that Qantas went on strike and he ended up staying another few days. Apart from being reimbursed for all the added costs, Qantas have given him a free return flight anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. He thinks he may go back to Darwin.....

And of course, we finally put our home on the market after our offer of a house was accepted. We were worried about how long it would take to sell our home so managed to get a 100 day settlement......
It only took 2 weeks to sell our beautiful home!!!!! This meant having to move out 7 weeks before moving in to our hew home.

NOVEMBER
We celebrated Jonathan's mums birthday......
Lucas had his first experience in a ball pit, building up his immunity........
Taking my two eldest neices to the ballet to see Cinderella. It was such a nice night, and so sweet taking them. They were excited, which made it even nicer! The younger one kept on sighing and looking around throughout the evening! We started with pizza for dinner ......
I found out that soccer balls actually have hexagons AND pentagons. Honestly, did you know that? I only realised after trying to fit pentagons together three times! I made this cake for Jonathan's boss's son (I never know where that apostrophe should be!). I hired a half sphere cake tin. It really was easy, apart from the whole hexagon and pentagon part. I still need to work out how to cover the cake smoothly, and be patient enough to mix the colour through thoroughly. It was good practice for a soccer ball cake for my boys one day.
A spur of the moment decision to take our dinner out to ororral valley. SO many kangaroos!!!



1 comment:

Ruth said...

Beautiful Mel, I smiled and sighed all the way through LOL!