Blogging has been last on my list of things to do lately, but on New Years Eve I decided to do a quick look back on 2011 with a photo or two from each month. I saved photos and by the time I got to December there were more than two! So, here is my first post for 2012 - a look at the month of December. The photos are out of order, but I don't want to hassle with moving them around :)
Christmas morning, opening presents. Lucas was a cute receiver of presents this year, getting so excited and giving little squeals.

Lachlan with his stocking fillers :)

Enjoying Aunty Ruth's gingerbread house on Christmas Eve.

The famous lights in Forrest. This was my third visit - I just had to take mum to see it.....amazing!!!!!

A day between Christmas and New Years - we were planning on hiring a 4 seater bike and ride around the lake, but it rained as soon as we pulled up, so we ended up at the National Museum! The boys were excited to see the Wiggles shirts.

Second time at the lights in Forrest :) This time was after our church Christmas Carol Service. We met up with some friends at McDonalds and all decided to go see the lights together - a special time, especially seeing all our kids together.

A quick trip to visit Jonathan at work ..... before Christmas! Lucas now smiles on demand for photos :)

A busy time early in December! We moved out of our home.....this was taken on our last day at our home. The tears are from 2 very tired boys, not from sorrow! Although there were tears from me, but perhaps not as many as I expected. The buyers came to do a final inspection and we were home while they walked around turning everything on and checking things. Jonathan was excited/nervous so talked to them a lot about our home - how great the deck is, the garden, the soil. I could tell he was proud which made me feel sad that we were leaving. As soon as they walked out of our home I cried!
We have been waiting 6 weeks to move into our new home, and I am counting down the days/hours until this weekend when WE MOVE IN!!!!!!! It's a beautiful house, and I look forward to slowly making it our home.

Last visit to our old home.

The Sunday School presentation. Lachlan was Noah and had to learn some lines:
Hello, my name is Noah. God told me to build an ark. I don't really know what an ark is!'He learnt it months ago and happily told his lines to anyone who asked.

This year I make Ice-cream Sundae kits as gifts. It was easy and fun to make. Inside I had: waffle cones, ice-cream cups & spoons, home-made chocolate sauce, crushed honeycomb, M&Ms, 100s&1000s, and chocolate chips.

And finally, on Christmas day at Mum & Dads. It was such a lovely day! And the kids are obviously growing up because we actually managed to sit down and relax without having to be running around after them.
My next post will be the rest of 2011!!
5 comments:
YAY a post! Heaps of happy memories there! 3 days to go!
Yes....hopefully I can keep them coming :)
I am a little excited!!!!
Wow, not only a post - a photo packed one! Jono looks exhausted on Christmas morning lol!! YAY for moving into your new place - SO EXCITING!!!
yes Kylee......the kids woke us up early that morning. So that is literally minutes after Jonathan opened his eyes!!!!!!!!(notice Lachlan as well)
Enjoyed your posts very much :) Can't wait to hear about the big move and to see some pics (hint hint) ;)
Post a Comment