The past week Lachlan has commented a few times about how rich he is. He's not talking about money (he has absolutely no concept if money!), he's talking about toys! Turning 5 has meant lots of lovely gifts from family and friends. So, I guess in child's terms he is rich :) or rather, blessed.
We had a little chat the other day about how he is actually 'blessed' and what it means to be blessed!
This past week, I have been reminded just how blessed my boys really are. It's not the toys they have, or the food, or anything material. My boys are blessed because they have good friends from godly homes! Lachlan was invited to a friend from preschools party. I took him along and stayed with him. The little boy is a sweet boy and his family is lovely. I was so shocked however, that twice the parents came into the family room to put on a Lady Gaga music video. The couple of older children at the party (the ripe old age of 7) were dancing along and watching the video. Thankfully Lachlan was engrossed in the Lego for a while, then I took him outside - in the freezing cold- to play with other things.
I have been given the responsibility to guard my children's hearts until they are old enough to do the same, and as much as we are 'in the world' I don't want my boys to be 'of the world'! My boys don't need to be exposed to worldly stuff before they absolutely have to! Which brings me the fact that there are lots of kids at church Lachlan and Lucas's age! I know I can't force any friendships, but I do pray that friendships will grow amongst these children.
And so Lachlan enjoyed his birthday and a party with friends that have been coming to parties since he was 2!!!
I got a bit sentimental about my boy turning 5. He is growing up into a beautiful boy. Every day he goes to school I tell him 4 things - listen to your teacher, be kind, try your hardest and I love you!











No comments:
Post a Comment