Friday, July 6, 2012

How long can one week be?

Too long is my answer!!!! Which amazes me, because I am always trying to find more time, wishing there were more hours in the day. Dreaming of living in parts of Greenland where the sun never goes down (well, not really but at times it sounds fantastic).
This week I have been sick, and my boys have been the most sick I think they have ever been. We have all had the flu, poor Lachlan has been so lethargic and ran high temperatures for days. Lucas has been really blocked up. Each day has been slow. We are finally feeling a bit better today! Lucas is probably the last to start feeling good.
But, all this time has had me thinking a lot. For around 3 weeks now, I have reassessed a few areas in my life and slowly trying to change some things. It feels good, and I know I have a long way to go in other areas. But I have a plan, and a plan is always a good place to start. I know that when I am not happy with things in my life, before I do anything else I need to look at what I can do to actually change things. I know the tricky part will actually be implementing some things, but I pray that God will give me enough determination, strength and patience to do what I need to do.

There is no plan to this post, and it is really just an excuse for writing one......so here are a few photos that made me smile this last week. I finally went through a years worth of photos ready for printing!

 Lucas's little reading corner.

 My big boy - on his first day of preschool (he got his first report this week.....so proud :))

 Always makes me smile......

 .....and again!

 An old one - it feels like so long ago that Lucas was this little!

 Off to the Torres Strait! Lachlan often asks when we are going back. He misses his friend Ali! We're hoping Ali and his family make it to conference this year and are able to stay with us. Lachlan told me he will sleep in the car so that Ali can stay in his bedroom (this is what Ali did for us!)

 Such a big trip for a little boy!

 One of Ali's beach toys.

 Mmmmm...


 On Murray Island.
We enjoyed watching the recent movie on the ABC 'Mabo'. Seeing Murray Island was nice, I also enjoyed all the documentaries/interviews leading up to the premiere.

 Lachlan and Edward

 Lucas was so hot, sweaty and sandy when this photo was taken, and the water had been turned off for the afternoon. Jonathan took him for a very quick dip in the ocean while I literally kept an eye out for sharks!

 Fun with the kids after a service and 'Minute to Win it' competition.



 Just before a hair cut.

I love these two people!!!

No comments: