Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Going Back

Today {Monday} I had an early start. Paperwork, numbers, waiting to hear my name called.

'Are you ready?' he asked. 
I smiled and nodded and held out my arm. 

But am I really ready? Am I ready to go back? Those days seem so far away now. They've been buried in joys, relief, photos, singing birthday songs, visits to the park, dinners for four, bath times, washing, ironing, 2 year old tantrums, scraped knees, sandpits. It feels humbling to sort through those memories, those everyday moments. Those moments that were once dreams. I've lived them! I thank God that I've lived them.
So today, I think I let my heart wander back. But it's not a pleasant place. That old companion, Fear, is there. How can I go there again? I don't want to, but I know I have to. Not that I have to feel it all again, but I do have to face it all again. I'm a different person now, so I'll face it differently. I'm a little stronger, a little wiser.

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; 
my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices; 
and with my song will I praise him.

Nehemiah 8:10 The joy of the Lord is my strength

No comments: