Well, I didn't get 12 posts done before Christmas.....but what is a bit annoying is that I published a couple of posts on my iphone, and they didn't appear on my blog. So, here are a few photos of things which happened in December. I'll leave Christmas and New Years for another post!
My little boy, who has been an amazing sleeper for a whole year has learnt how to climb out of his cot and come into my room in the middle of the night. We thought it would be a safer option to take the sides off his cot....although this hasn't stopped him coming into my room every night!
I finally started teaching Lachlan piano lessons. I wasn't sure if he would enjoy his mum teaching him. I thought he may not put as much effort in if it was myself teaching him, but to my surprise he loves it, and practices whenever I tell him (whenever I remember!). I'm enjoying this while it lasts.
I also had a piano recital for all my students this year. They have done so well, three who did exams. The morning was a lovely way to celebrate all the hard work they have put in during the year. I'll definitely be doing it each year now. Lachlan played 'Old MacDonald Had A Farm'
I very hesitantly agreed to do another Sunday School presentation this year. It is always such a busy time and difficult to get anything together during Sunday School time. I am SO glad we did though, it was amazing! We bought a script, together with cd and music score. The children all learnt their lines and parts so well. One of the highlights was the preschool class. They came in dressed as different characters - soldiers, angels and mice. I wasn't expecting to play the piano, so that meant I didn't get to see much of the play and I forgot to ask someone to take photos for me. This is one of the only ones I have of Lachlan as a mouse. He loved it too, and even had a line to learn - 'Come on you miserable bunch!)
We ended the month by squeezing in a little day trip to the coast. The boys loved every minute, well not every minute in the car, but every minute at the coast. It was too cold to swim, although the boys had a bit of fun up to their knees. We spent most of the time on the rocks. have I said how much I love these three people?!
And December was also a bit of an intense time for me personally. I don't know what I would do without the love and support from my family, and without the peace that passes all understanding that my Heavenly Father gives!
No comments:
Post a Comment