Friday, December 27, 2013

Thomas .... Week 1

He is here. Thomas William. Born 19th December at 1:07am.
When I had Lucas I started writing a letter to him every week. It was an easy thing to do. He was born on a Tuesday, so I set my mind each Tuesday night before I went to bed to write a brief letter. I wanted to make sure I did something similar for Thomas. I don't have a journal to do it yet, so wrote it down and will keep it here for now. I like having it written in a book so as soon as I make it to the shops I'll start recording my letters in that. For now, this is where it is.


Thursday 26th December 2013

Dear Thomas,

You are perfect. It feels like you have been here so much longer than just one week. I came home last Friday and have had a better rest at home than I expected. While you fed constantly on the weekend, you enjoyed a belly full of milk on Sunday night and have not stopped sleeping since.

On the way home from the hospital we stopped by church and said a prayer of thanksgiving. Thanksgiving for the miracle that is you. One day you will understand how much of a miracle you are.
You have slowed our life down in these few days before Christmas, which has been particularly nice. We made it to the carols night at church on Sunday, and even went to look at Christmas lights afterwards. Christmas eve was spent at Grandma and Grandads, and Christmas day at Gran and Pops. It was a great introduction to our family :)

Of course your brothers love you! Lachlan comes up and holds your hand, chatting to you in a quiet voice. He often wants to hold you, which is especially nice as you look up at him almost like you already know he is your big, protective brother.
Lucas is besotted. He is close by your side whenever you are awake. Often he is the first to hear if you wake up, running to your bassinette. When I put you to bed he likes to come up and put his hands either side of where your head will lay, then will whisper 'Goodnight baby Thomas'. My favourite thing though is when you are crying, Lucas will come up talk in a high pitched voice saying 'Don't worry baby Thomas, Lucas is here'.

I love your smell. I love your soft skin. I love your dark feather soft hair. I love your little tongue poking in and out as you look at me.

Welcome to the world little one. Welcome to our home and our family.

Love, Mummy

No comments: