Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Life With Boys



Mess and dirt, with noise. This definition pretty much sums up my life with boys. This week I needed to clean my floors, and ended up putting it off for THREE days as each time I went to mop I knew within minutes there would be dirt trod in from outside. I am an expert on lego pieces and am constantly finding those tiny pieces around the house, but know exactly which creation they are from. Screams, shouts and all sorts of noises are heard from outside, bedrooms and anywhere else they might be. Even moving from one room to another is accompanied by the roar of a car engine, or the drum tapping on any furniture around.

But there is another side to my life with boys. In the middle of Bunnings yesterday, Lucas wouldn't sit down in the trolley. I went to speak to him about being careful and he put his little hands on my cheeks and started singing 'I love you mummy, I love you mummy' in his sweetest little voice.
This morning as Lachlan was lining up for school, he called me over three times to kiss and cuddle him. I was quickly reminded that this won't last long, and savoured every beckon to come over again.

Morning cuddles, adding more bobby pins to my hair, little massages, and the occasional wink from across the room all seem to make the frustrations fade to insignificance.
My life with boys is messy, dirty and noisy and just perfect.




No comments: