
Lord of all creation
Of the water, earth and sky
The Heavens are your Tabernacle
Glory To the Lord on high
God of wonders Beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universe Declares your majesty
You are holy, holy
Early in the morning
I will celebrate the light
And when I stumble into darkness
I will call your name by night
God of wondersBeyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universeDeclares your majesty
You are holy, holy
I love that song. A few years ago I taught a student inquiry approach unit on space. Through it I was AMAZED about how huge the universe is. I think my pastor preached about this also a while back (I missed it for some reason...maybe Sunday School?). Anyway, here is what I remember from the teaching unit:
Earth is one of eight planets in our Solar System (poor Pluto!)
Our solar system is just a tiny dot on the end of one of the arms of our galaxy,
our galaxy is just one of who knows how many in the universe.
The book I read described the universe as a net and the tiny parts of the net were the different galaxies.....that does make sense in my mind!
Tonight, I am AMAZED.
3 comments:
Love the pictures really puts things in perspective doesn't it. Hope your having a great week.
ox
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post :)
Praise the Lord he even speaks through you tube!! Hehe
I have been blessed by it.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Wonderful, Mel ... sniff, sniff ... simply wonderful!!!
Post a Comment