Last night we had a visitng minister speak and, as with the other messages he spoke over the weekend, it was great! He spoke about JOY and experiencing joy even in really tough times.
A 5 year journey through trying to become pregnant has by far been my toughest time yet, but strangely it has been one time of biggest growth for me personally. I went through so much in myself through it all, but the last year before I became pregnant there was a definate change, and I know that change was mostly 2 things - a peace that passes all understanding, and joy unspeakable.
In the morning service yesterday, we sang 'Blesse Be Your name' - which I love. We sang it at my baby's dedication because both my husband and I made sure that through miscarriages, surgery and hospital visits and all the associate feelings that go with that (too many to even begin to explain now), we determined to say 'Blessed Be Your Name' to our Saviour. It was VERY difficult at times - I remember one time after I had just miscarried we went over to work at the orphanage in Mizoram. It was New Years Eve and I couldn't understand WHY God had us working in a place full of children without parents and here we were hurting so bad because we had no children. When I think of that from an 'outsiders' view, it seems like we should have been grateful and happy that it all fit together so beautifully....but believe me, it hurt so bad. EVEN THOUGH.....I did not want to resent God's plan for us, but trusted that He had our lives in His hands.
Anyway, enough for one day. Here are some things that INSPIRE me:
Joy is the serious business of heaven. C.S.Lewis
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? Ps 8:3-4
The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Ps 126:3
Here is the gospel message in all its original simplicity, undyingly new: the message that men and women are really loved by God, that sins are really forgiven and that the mercy of God, beyond all our comprehension, has come to drive out forever the bitterness of selfish hearts and fill us instead with the sweetness of his presence forever. Thomas Merton.
2 comments:
Melanie, you have such a beautiful spirit!!! I don't think anyone could or would deny the sorrow you must have felt and yet, you remained faithful to the work of God, not only in deed, but in attitude! God preserves the faithful (another Bro Johnson message!!).
Psalm 30:5 says that weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning.
I love the fact that Lachlan was born on the 1st of June because I think it symbolises a change of season in your lives.
And what wonderful parents you are turning out to be!!!
By the way, next time you make a post that makes my mascara run, could you give some warning ... please?
(Just kidding ... really!!! I don't wear mascara! :oD )
I remember those days Mel...and I remember seeing a difference in you too. It is a testement as to your faith in the things hoped for but not yet seen!!. love you lots xx
Post a Comment