Monday, July 14, 2008

A Little Girl.....

When I was little, I was very easily excited! A walk to the shops, a camping trip with my dad and brother, 20 cents worth of mixed lollies, fairy cakes on the table when arriving home from school, Christmas eve (ahem...the ultimate of excitement for me), even....and dare I say it.....a trip to the tip with my dad (You never knew what amazing things you would find there!).




As a 31 year old, I still get excited quite easily. I have to admit that some of the reasons for my excitement have become a little more expensive......

I had a call that my card holder has arrived and now awaits me :) .......


I just found some beautiful scrapbooking products which although I wouldn't use in every day scrapping, they seem perfect to use for a whole themed heritage album. They are the new (I think) Heidi Swapp 'Dream Dining Room Collection' .........

I also saw Ali Edwards new book on Mini Albums in the July Creating Keepsakes magazine!





And I really am excited to know that as soon as I press 'publish post' I will be sitting at my dining room table actually DOING a mini album.

Most of these, yes, cost money, but do give me a little nervous/excited feeling in my stomach! Strange, I know but just reminds me that really I am still a little girl at heart ;)

Oh, I just went to Heidi Swapps website....I think this is new as the last time I looked (which was ages ago) it wasn't like this!

5 comments:

Rob and Heather said...

Go for it, Mel!!

I love that photo of you as a little girl. How gorgeous you were back then ... and you haven't changed a bit!!

Not even one teeny little bit!!

Frances said...

What a gorgeous pic Mel!! You still look exactly the same... I had to scroll down super fast so I wouldn't get tempted to do the mini album & the card holder ;)

Kirsty said...

i love that photo of you Mel! You haven't changed much at all.
Yeah I loved the good ol' days when you could go to the shops with 20c and it was alot...

Kylee said...

ditto Frances about the mini albums, that book looks so good and I don't even normally like doing them!! lol

Frances said...

Hi again, Even Alicia agrees that you still look the same... I asked Alicia to have a look at your photo and asked if she knew who it was? She said - "That's Melanie!"