And today of all days, I get a chance......I have three little ones all asleep in bed at the moment!
This past week has been a busy one. Sometimes it still seems as though I am adjusting to being a mum... the stay-at-home part! Part of me wants that organisation side of work where you go, have your week planned out, do what you need to do and come home. I do still keep a diary and am trying to do a similar thing, but as I said before I'm still getting the hang of it.
Actually, that reminds me...I was filling in a form for something the other day and it asked me my occupation. I was really stuck and didn't know what to write...do I leave it blank? is 'domestic duties' the right thing to say? The same thing happened when I was in conversation with someone and I went to say 'I am a teacher'...AM I a teacher or WAS I a teacher? Technically I am a teacher as I teach piano and do tutoring....but it really made me stop and think of what I should say.
With all that said, I am VERY, VERY grateful that I CAN stay home and don't have to go to work for any reason. I love being at home and sometimes think it is a dream. I remember my sis-in-law writing about living her dream at the moment. As young as I can remember I wanted to be a mum - I remember being about 10 years old writing out a list of things I would need for a baby. Then of course when I was standing at a point in my life when this dream was very much a possibility of never happening, and having to prepare myself for that, I think I am ever more grateful. My baby's bedroom used to be a spare room. The other night as I was putting him to sleep and I remembered kneeling in that very spot praying for a baby. I remember another time after getting a phone call that my bHCG levels had dropped going to that very same spot and crying.......hmmmm...lots of memories!
My ATC Card Holder is sitting next to me at the moment.....quite a few things need to happen before it gets open, but I am happy it is here. It will be a project that will just always be there and I can always add a card whenever I get a chance. The cards are not very big, so it is all very doable and not at all overwhelming.
Here is a inspiring thought that will one day be a tag in my Card Holder.........
No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our eduation, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts and expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God." Orson F. Whitney.
3 comments:
I love your posts, Mel. They are so inspiring, thought-provoking, faith-building, uplifting!!
God has sooooo many big things for you and your family (twins ... I see twins - no, no ... they're TRIPLETS!!! :oD!!!).
When God created you, Mel, He knew the plans He had for you. He knew exactly how He was going to build up your faith and prepare you for the things that He has for you. He knows the beginning from the end and all that goes between. He gave you a spirit that was sweet enough to trust Him and strong enough to hold on when things got hard. And He has rewarded your faithfulness with such a remarkable little man. Lachlan's testimony will, no doubt, be a witness to the faithfulness of his parents.
Love ya's all!!
xoxoxo
That was a very beautiful post Melanie. Thank you for blessing my day :) You are such a wonderful & inspiring Mother!! And 3 children to sleep at the same time?? You are a PRO!!! Leon & I look forward to watching your family grow!! :)
Ow, thanks Mel! That was a beautiful! Got a but teary about part way through! xo
Post a Comment