I love that song....'my heart longs for just one touch'....
Last weekend I was able to go to our Women's Ministry Retreat. I haven't been to a camp for a couple of years, so was really looking forward to this one.It was a little different as I had to bring my 'promise' along :) Having a baby there meant that I didn't get to listen to as much as intently as I would have normally, but having mum there was also a HUGE help!
The first session was titled 'How Does Your garden Grow'. Admittedly I didn't hear all of this, but remember Sister Sjostrand spoke about our garden, vineyard and field and giving it all to God. She spoke about the garden being the part of us that everyone sees. We need to live our lives genuinely, transparently, and holy!
The second session was fantastic. I loved the way Sister Sjostrand bought out truths from the parable of the sower that I had never thought of. I love that kind of 'revelatory preaching'. I remember the part about the rocky ground. We heard about the two different times rocks are mentioned in the bible - for stoning, and for building memorials. If our heart has become rocky we need to not become bitter and judgemental, but rather put all of those 'things' that have caused us to become rocky together as a memorial of God's goodness and saving mercy!
It was such a blessing to feel God speaking and loving ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment