Last night at bible study, we heard a message titled 'Nevertheless'. The text came from Psalm 73 where it talks about how Asaph looked at the prosperity of the wicked and how he envied them. In verse 23 it says 'Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand'.
Today, while I am not feeling envious of the wicked....I do need to tell myself 'nevertheless'. At the moment there are at least 5 things I should be doing, but I am here getting my thoughts out and cleared..maybe then I can get on with my day.
God is so good to me! Last night just before bible study, I read this:
Psalm 37
'Rest in the Lord'
Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. Trust in the Lord, and do good: so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord: trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Today I will commit all my ways to Him who knows the beginning from the end, and I will think about whatsoever is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good. And before I go to do all the things that need doing...here is what is inspiring me at the moment:
- A great online bible study I am doing at the moment. Love it actually!
- The covers of 2 books that arrived this morning (I haven't had a chance to open them yet!)
- Family hugs - Lachlan's newest 'thing' to do.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing Mel :)
That CWO bible study looks really interesting Mel - thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment