Friday, November 28, 2008

So much to say!

I have gone to write a post a few times in the past couple of weeks. I stop myself because either something needs doing, I lack the motivation to actually write, or it seems like just something little.
So, this post will be very varied....a lot like my days at the moment (actually, always).

This is my inspiration journal - a journal of things that inspire me (and occasionally just things that are). Yesterday I heard a really simple song and had one of those 'a-ha/wow' moments. Now, it seems like a small thing...which is why I wasn't going to write it...but it all of a sudden meant a lot to me.
I don't know how many times I have read Hebrews 12. I love it and it inspires me. But this song just went 'I am the joy that was set before You, I am the joy that was set before you' At first I thought nothing of it and just hummed along with it. Then I realised what the song was about.....

'Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.' Hebrews 12:2

I was that joy that was set before Him! That is why He endured the cross.....I was that joy!
How beautiful is that! He considered it a joy to endure the cross for me!
The only other words to the song are 'You are the joy that is set before me, You are the joy that is set before me'
Oh, with Jesus as my joy I will endure anything. I will run this race with patience and I will look to my joy.

I have been really out of routine (or my lack of) this week for a few reasons, so feel like it has just slipped through my fingers. That's ok though. I am looking forward to the lead up to Christmas. I have done nothing yet - nothing! I wanted to get a particular photo of Lachlan for our Christmas cards, but really don't know when or how that will happen because it means me making some blocks for it.....I will try over the next couple of days and post a photo if it happens :)

I absolutely love Christmas. I know it isn't all the commercial side of it, I know deep down 'The Christmas Story' amazes me, which is why I always shed a tear on Christmas eve....and always have actually even as a little girl. In bible study on Wednesday we were discussing Christmas and I had another 'aha' moment :) We all say how Christmas isn't about all the trimmings etc but it is about those things that are not tangible, and things that mean the most to us. We usually say family, traditions and being with those who we love. But this still isn't it....it is solely about Jesus Christ and the reason He came to this earth. There was someone there who explained very clearly about what it is like not to have anywhere to go or anyone to spend the day with. It really got to my heart. But this same person had the same realisation, that really the day isn't about whether or not they have anyone to spend the day with....the day is about Jesus!
On Monday I will put up our nativity set, put my 'JOY' on our front door, decorate a few other things, start some of the present shopping, and get my Christmas cds out, and I will enjoy every moment of that......but thank God, my heart is slightly more in the place it should be.

My not-so-little baby has been quite 'clingy' this week. Perhaps it is his eye-teeth that are coming through, perhaps it is his runny nose/cold that has been visiting, perhaps it is a 18 month old phase that I read about the other day....who knows! One thing I do know is how much I love him and his little 'uv-oo's and tight hugs around the neck. The other night when I gave him a bath he decided it was a cuddle time. He reached up and gave me a tight squeeze, then had to have daddy come in and have a cuddle. This happened a few times until that cuteness wore off :)

He now has 7 cousins!!!!!! Another little cousin joined us last week :) Welcome Mitchell Dean!

Hmmm...beautiful rain! I am going to go now and do something creative, not sure what but it has been too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just a test to see if I can place a comment yet! We all know what Christmas isn't about but we can still enjoy the season. I always start looking back on the year on the things I have done, the things I haven't done, a reflective mood. The New Year starts with looking forward and readying myself to plunge straight back in and try to achieve moore, be more, love more, pray more. I don't have time to mourn my failures but lookforward to new opportunities. Everything is fresh again each day.
mum