Who would think there would be a piece of inspiration as small as a leaf outside my window today. I have been frantically trying to get as much work done at the computer while a certain little boy sleeps, and just now had a quick look out the window.
So, its autumn and the leaves have changed to yellow and littering our 'barely there' lawn. The breeze is blowing and every now and then another leaf falls....but right at the very top of the tree there are four little golden leaves! They are clinging on for dear life! All the leaves half way down the tree are gone except for these four :) It made me think how the past couple of months I have felt like that. Fragile. Weak. Holding on. Winds have come and here I am, still holding on.
This past week has been one of the strangest kind. I don't think I have ever laughed and cried at the same time like I did. Things happened, reports given and nothing made sense. But a question remained in my mind 'Whose report will you believe?'. And that's it. That makes everything final. That is why I can still stand, fragile and weak at times, but I can still stand. He did it all - His blood still speaks - perhaps at a frequency we can't hear, but it still speaks.
Thank you Jesus!
2 comments:
Remember, Mel, that it is in our weakness that God's strength is made perfect. And so we walk ... not in our imperfect strength which frequently expires, but in God's strength where we find rest, peace and courage to walk the path He has laid before us.
Thank you for sharing your heart. God has soooo many rich and wondrous blessings in store for your wonderful family ... I sooo know it!!
Thanks Heather...so true, and I am so glad that I know what it is to walk in God's strength! We are a blessed people...all the more reason to share this wonderful life with those who have no idea!
Post a Comment