Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

And it came to pass.....
I like that. It has the same feeling of 'Once upon a time...', but of course this i
s a very real story. A story of love and hope and joy. Luke chapter 2 tells the story of the birth of a baby - the birth of Love, Hope and Joy. A story of a taxing, a manger, swaddling clothes, shepherds, angels, wise men. I have always liked verse 19 - but Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. A beautiful song was sung beautifully at our carols night. I don't know what it is called, but it is from Mary's perspective. I am reminded of 'Breath of Heaven - Mary's Song' that I used to listen to every Christmas on my Amy Grant 'Home for Christmas' tape years ago.

So much happens around Christmas time, but I guess it is just more reason to 'ponder some things in our hearts'. I have a lot staying locked in my heart at the moment, and I know that because Jesus was born - because God himself came to this earth, lived, died and rose again, I can put those things in His hands and in return he will give me love, hope and joy
.
Tonight will be spent with family, tomorrow with family and friends. We will be thankful for each other and thankful for you my Lord, my Everything.


No comments: