Here I am sitting in SILENCE with the smell of yummy butter chicken filling the house! I have just had 13 hours of time to myself - that is definitely a record in the last 3 years!!!!! The two boys of the house left this morning at 8:30am for a very long drive to Tumburumba, with a few stops in between. I am now waiting for them to walk through the door any minute (this post may not get publsihed if they do before I finish!).
So, what did I do?
Clean the house - YES
Read - NO
Shop - YES
Sew - NO
Cook - YES
Scrapbook - NO
Continue cleaning the study out - YES
Sleep - NO
Do lots of Sunday School work - YES
It was a very productive day, and although I didn't do much creative at all (apart from making prayer key chains for the SS teachers) I enjoyed the time. Funny how you dream about days like this and when/if they come along you just want to be with those who make your days so full!
And yes, I think those hormones are doing something. I felt a little all over the place this week, and dare I admit it I think I have been a bit snappy!
One of my favourite times of the day at the moment is when I am just about to go to sleep and I lay on my back and my little baby wakes up. I love it because the rest of the day is so busy that there is rarely a time to stop and enjoy those movements. It is a time just to love and imagine and wonder how things will be.......
1 comment:
Hi Mel,
I am hearing you! I have definitely had a few of those days lately – meant to be days off – but getting distracted and getting the other things done rather than the things I’ve been really hanging out to do! And I think that there is an element of hormones which really doesn’t want me to study – I am almost absolutely certain that the baby doesn’t like it as it kicks my textbook every time its on my stomach
I am back to the road of tiredness now. I feel very blessed that we are pregnant at the same time – it’s so lovely to be inspired by you at this time! God is good and we KNOW that all things work together for good with Him.
xx
Post a Comment