I was by myself. Jonathan was looking after Lachlan. I knew it would be a long appointment, being the first with the obstetrician. Two scans and too many blood tests over 4 months showed everything was great, I was feeling great!
I went through my long medical history with the nurse, filled in all the hospital paperwork and waited for the doctor. She called me in, we chatted about life with a 2 year old and where those two years had gone. I climbed up on the bed and she squeezed the gel onto my tummy. Those seconds seemed an eternity. I could see the baby and I could see the stillness. Like yesterday I remember the doctor shifting her weight from one foot to the next, swallowing and then turning to me with a look that said everything. This little boy would have turned 1 just 3 days before Lucas was born.
Just 5 minutes ago I went into Lucas and was greeted with a smile. He is here in my arms, and I am grateful. Grateful for this life that I have been blessed with - and grateful for all the little ones that have not made it into my arms. This morning I heard part of a message by Terry Shock. He said something like 'Can it really be called a blessing if it isn't drawing you closer to God?' I am thankful for the blessings in my life. I am thankful for the blessing of loss, the blessing of grief, the blessing of miscarriage. It is these things that have brought me closer to God.
3 comments:
I thought of you on the 21st and wondered if you were remembering, of course I knew you would have been.
All through this pregnancy with Lucas every parallel moment. Can I say something, give you a hug, in the end I take my cue from you.
We cannot dare to understand the mind of God and in the end it is only our faith in Him and His love for us that can see us through.
One promise did I cling to for you and Jonathan the one in Ps 30 that says 'joy cometh in the morning' and vs 11 my mourning into dancing.
I love it that you have two beautiful boys!!!!
xxxxxxx
And what would I have done without the support of my amazing family??
what a sweet photo!
Post a Comment