Literally. This week has been crazy. After having a couple of days feeling really yuck, I went to the doctor to find out I have some kind of (non-contagious) virus that is giving me virtigo. It is horrible. I will wake up in the middle of the night and the whole room is just spinning. Yesterday morning for the first two hours I felt like I had just been in one of those orange egg shaped things in playgrounds (in the 80s) - I really did not like those. My friends would turn that wheel so fast and we would all climb out and fall on the ground...well, that was me yesterday! The medication the doctor gave me is doing something today thankfully. I am really praying this is the end of it. My mum had this virus years ago and was unwell for a whole month!
So, not much has been done this week. Although, last Friday after a relaxing and inspiring morning with a friend, I came home and made this.......
It is Mrs Perkins from a Melly & Me pattern. I also have the dinosaur and elephant to make one day. They are so cute. Hmmm maybe I will have to get on to them for some friends/family who are having babies soon :) A nice incentive!
And tomorrow is the 31st of October.......5 projects by the end of October. I will post tomorrow night with my final update.
Oh, and after talking to some fellow bloggers, we thought it might be nice to do some organisational tip sharing. Nothing like some inspiration to get things organised! Will have a think about how this can work.
On a more personal note, here is an excerpt I liked from a book I am reading at the moment:
The Lord helps those who help themselves, and I've never hesitated to help myself to happiness when it's available. And it's available everywhere, if only people would see it. That's the thing: people don't see the potential they have for happiness because, on some level they think they're as happy as they deserve to be, no matter how unhappy they are. To me, there's a huge different between expecting happiness to come to you because you deserve it, and going out and getting the happiness you believe you deserve. You have to believe in your heart that you deserve to be happy, and then when you have the happiness you want, you have to be aware of it and appreciate it. A lot of people have a great life, but they just don't see it. They choose to focus not on what they actually have but on what they believe they lack, and they miss what life is all about. Some people never have enough; no matter how devoted their mate is, they always wish he were fitter, richer, or more attractive. No matter how accomplished their kids are, they always think they could have won a bigger trophy or higher academic honor if only they'd tried a little harder. No matter how nice their car or how gracious their home, they always want a bigger or a fancier model. And while I firmly believe in striving for a good life, I also believe you've got to recognise when you've got it good, and thank God for what you've got.
Robin McGraw 'Inside My Heart'
3 comments:
That girraffe is SO cute!!
very cute! i have one Melly & Me 'kitty' doll made, without the clothes and need to get moving on the two i plan to make for work colleagues little girls for Christmas!! maybe we need a marathon sewing day.. with babysitter included?!
Love the girraffe!! All you sewing girls are so clever!!
Post a Comment