'A joyful heart is good medicine....' Prov 17:22
The adage 'happiness is a choice' could be applied here. When circumstances threaten to crush people's spirits and sink them in gloom, they need the powerful 'medicine' of joy more than ever. Solomon is probably not advocating a superficial 'grin and bear it' or 'put on a happy face' mentality, but instead, a deep, abiding faith that all will be well for those who trust God. Life's trials and disappointments can indeed feel crushing at times, but we need not roll over in despair. Rather, the prescription for happiness is at our fingertips. We can cultivate our faith in the profoundly good news of the One who encourages us with these words: 'I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!' (Jn 16:33)
~Women of Faith Study Bible
Oh how I need good medicine at the moment! So, what makes my heart joyful today?
- Beautiful family
- Cooking dinner for my mum and dad
- Long kisses from a 21 month old
- Packing bags
- Strong arms to hold me at night (and whenever else I need a hug)
- Promises that are true and older than the world itself
- 'Spot' books and a new 'Hairy Maclary' dvd ;)
- Quiet times
- Flowers filling my home
- A new POA worship cd
- Fresh white linen ready for some stitching
- This miracle:

No comments:
Post a Comment