Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Refreshed!


I feel good. I hadn't planned on going away this last weekend. I am glad I did. We left on Saturday and while J was preaching Saturday night I spent the evening with a lovely lady who has had to carry a burden no parent should have to. My prayers are with her this week especially as her little girl undergoes a major operation.

Sunday was busy, travelling over an hour to and from church morning and night. The Spirit of God fell so beautifully and as always it was refreshing to see people filled and refilled with the Holy Spirit.

Monday was a holiday, so we stayed the day and took our little boy to the zoo. What an exhausting, fun-filled day!





Last week I had some time to myself. I scrapped, and started a little stitchery from this clever lady! (look on her blog at how NEAT her stitches are!!!!)




I am still finishing off my little boys 'first year' album. The plan is then to just make any scrapbooks chronological family albums. I also got a little parcel this morning from this great online store. It was definately a little therapy for my eyes......I had to take a little photo :)



This is from 'My Mind's Eye' and is called 'BellaBella'. My plan for this is a mini album.

This is just some cute paper from 'Three Bugs In A Rug' called 'Snips & Snails'. I am not sure whether to use this for another mini album...have to have a think.


It all reminds me of an article I read on 'special paper'. You know when you see some gorgeous paper you just have to have and then it stays in your supplies waiting for that 'special' page. The problem always is that when you are ready for that special page, the paper is usually out of date....and not really as special as when you first bought it!


And here are the (very basic) pages I finished off last weekend while my sister took my little one to the show!


This one isn't finished. I need another green scolloped edged page.






I need to re-stock on alphabets!!!!! I used some really flimsy chipboard letters for this and covered them with some paper. I love using the Basic Grey precision tool kit, but it was just too awkward for these letters. Will have to fix them up later. That is a card on this layout that my mum wrote for me. It has the story of 'the shawl' in it.


4 comments:

Rob and Heather said...

And green is such a sensible colour, too, don't you think???

Beautiful work, Mel. You are always so clever!!

Ruth said...

Beautiful layouts Mel! I'll have to take him out more often :)

Frances said...

Gorgeous pages Mel!! I feel inspired & ready to tackle some scrappin tomorrow :)

Kylee said...

I love that MME BellaBella range! Great work Mel - doesn't it feel awesome when you get so much done?! Unfortunately at the moment I am simply accumulating product...not actually MAKING anything with it! (altho that has awesome feelings attached to it as well...!)