In the time span of 24 hours I received a scripture, a letter and a phone call which has just reminded me that my God sees exactly where I am. He sees my heart. He is faithful and given me beautiful promises. It is times like these where Gods presence is so very clear and real. His timing is perfect and there would not have been another day when these three things would have been more timely! He knew that yesterday I would need something real to keep my thoughts from going places I don't want them to go!
My sister gave me a message that is from a series about 'The Names of God' that is just fantastic to listen to.
It starts off talking about Hagar. When Hagar left her home after being treated badly by Sarai she was visited by an angel. In Gen 16:13 it says 'And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me? Wherefore the well was called Beer-la-hai-roi.' Some points he makes are:
God comes to Hagar in her misery.
God becomes an audience, He listens to her. We need to learn to pour out our hearts to God.
God advises her and give sher instruction.
God encourages her.
God has kept me so far, and I know He will continue to. Every day I still grieve the loss of never knowing what my baby boy would have looked like. Every day I wonder what would have been. Everyday things are played over in my mind. BUT everyday He comforts me! Everyday He is changing me.
All too soon I will be another year older! I am continually amazed at how the hours turn into days which turn into weeks which turn into months....so, so quickly! My days have been full lately, no time to stop...but that is ok, because lots is getting done and I like that so much.
Here is something that has been slowly coming together over the past couple of weeks, and something that is very exciting!
And my basket of mini albums!

I LOVE seeing these little friends lined up around the house!
And here is something that makes me pretty proud :) A first 'real' drawing! (A face!)

3 comments:
Beautiful post, Mel. Thanks so much for sharing your heart. When I read your post I thought of Psalm 30:5, but then I read the whole Psalm ...
I love Lachlan's pic. What a clever little vegemite he is!!! His fine motor skills must be absolutely superb!!! I think he's almost ready for preschool!!
Awwww such a beautiful post Melanie :) I especially loved that little drawing :) Lachlan is such a clever boy!
Now he is a creative guy! I was watching him draw 'with purpose' on Wednesday night!
It is just delightful watching them grow up! (Just not too fast...)
Post a Comment