Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Beautiful Thing.

On Monday, my 10 month old baby said 'mum-mum-mum' for the first time. He has been saying 'dad-dad' for a long time now, and we have been trying to get him to at least make a mmmmmm sound. He was wanting me to pick him up. I was finishing off something before going to him, then heard those sweet words. Of course I dropped what I was doing to go to him ;)
This is such a special thing for me (and I am sure every other first time mum). After going through pregnancy, birth and now almost a year of having a baby, STILL it sometimes seems so unreal, almost like it isn't happening to me. Other times I get this awesome sense of forever - that this perfect moment will last forever. I know neither is true, but I am looking forward to all that this journey with my baby brings.

Here is a little poem that I read once, I have it up on my fridge door.

Tomorrow
If I could walk tomorrow's path
Before it had begun,
I fear that it would be a walk
Too much for anyone.
My Father knew it would not do
To run so far ahead.
"TODAY"S TROUBLES ARE SUFFICIENT,"
Wisely He has said.
So, Lord, I live in thankfulness
For this day's good supply,
And leave tomorrow in your hands;
YOUR GRACE WILL SATISFY.
~June Titus

It is a little sober, but it reminds me that God has my life in the palm of His hand. This is a beautiful thing!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Yeah! You did it! That's a lovely poem. Looking forward to some more posts.

Ruth said...

Lovely banner! What software did you use? You can get rid of the grey lines under it by making them white.