The past 5 or 6 days have been full of a huge range of feelings - excitement, happiness, pride, frustration, disappointment........
Excitement and happiness - I am excited and very happy to be planning my baby's first birthday (oh, another emotion may be a touch of sadness that my little baby will no longer be that for much longer.....but just a bit!)
Pride - to be an aunty to so many beautiful babies....one of which was dedicated on Sunday.
Frustration and disappointment - If anyone else reads this, I know it will sound silly - but it really isn't. I have lost something. Something very precious and sentimental (and I am a very sentimental person). I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find it. I have no idea how something so valuable to me has just disappeared, and really cannot explain how disappointed I have been (except to say there have definately been tears). I have prayed and prayed about this, but now I really think I need to be sensible and try not to think about it too much more. Last night I laid awake for who knows how long thinking about it again.
Last Friday in one of my 'frustrated feeling moments' one of the parables of Jesus came to me.
Luke 15:8-10 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
Well..nothing to do with my 'lost piece', but I am definately glad that God is so merciful in welcoming us back when we do wrong....
One last word on the 'chocolate thing'. I read more about the campaign mentioned below. They actually discourage 'boycotting' the chocolate companies....so it looks like I can be a little less guilty in buying chocolate. I definately am still supporting the campaign and sent my letter, and will look for the brands that to support fair trade.
4 comments:
Hey Mel, good to hear about the chocolate thing! a bit of relief but I think I'll go write a letter too.
Hope u find ur 'thing' or at least be able to have peace about it.
Just wondering if you changed the name of your blog? I went to the normal bookmark I've always used and it didn't have a blog under that name...I found it here but am wondering if my computer has done something random with the link?
Hi! Yes, I changed the name of my blog. About a month ago I was saying how I am seeing if I can not write anything 'personal' (as in details) on my blog....J laughed and reminded me of my web address (my name)! Your last blog entry reminded me I was going to change it then....only I completely forgot about anyone who might read it! Have to do something about that....
You'll find it... I'm sure you will! I think it will just 'show up' somewhere!
hope you have found it. have been praying that the Lord will help u find it, or feel ok about it.
Post a Comment