Thursday, May 22, 2008

Scrapbooking Thoughts

LATEST ON MY SCRAPBOOKING

Yesterday I spent the day with my sister-in-law scrapbooking. My baby slept from 10:30 - 2:00!!! That is amazing!

So, I should have got heaps done, but only managed two layouts and didn't actually complete them. But the main thing is, now I am INSPIRED to keep going. I have this huge stack of envelopes....each one is going to be a layout in my baby's first year album...I have heaps to do, but now I will be scrapbooking again tomorrow and maybe even saturday! This time I have the sketches for most of the layouts, so it will make things a lot faster.

I am only doing a first year album for my baby, after that everything will just be in our family album.



MY ALBUMS SO FAR

- Our Family Album

- Baby's First Year Album

- Travel Album (desperately needs fixing/updating, and I am not motivated to do it. I think the photos may just end up going in a flip album)

- Heritage Album (also desperately needs updating, but can wait)



I have also a few mini ablums to do/finish. I also want to do one of these - I found it on Ali Edwards blog, but have seen it a few times since.





I have found out that 7 gypsies make the stands, so am looking into ordering it. I will make lots of little 'taggy' bits with all my favourite quotes on them, then display it somewhere around my house.



A THOUGHT:

So, I first heard about scrapbooking when my sisters friend ran a Creative Memories workshop. I still have the first page I did. We loved it, as anything to do with photos and memorabilia was an interest for myself, my mum and my sister. I ended up having a workshop with a few friends, and bought some of the CM tools and an album. While I enjoyed it, I wasn't really into all the stickers and started looking into more detailed things using inks and ribbons.

So, now there is a HUGE range of beautiful scrapbooking supplies available. I have very much changed 'my style' of scrapbooking (which actually keeps on changing), so ... do I go back and change the sometimes hideous layouts I did years ago? or keep them as a bit of a history of my scrapbooking?

I guess I have too many projects to go back and change anything, so they are there to remind me how it all began.......

No comments: