So, I used my good silver and set the table with my best things. I enjoyed it, and I hope my mum did too.
Here is the yummy bircher muesli we started with.....

....and the sweets we finished with.
Tomorrow we will be spending some time with my amazing mother-in-law. Another very special lady!
Thursday night, I went into my bedroom and found this sitting on my bed.

Jonathan had sweetly bought me a present for my first Mothers Day. I was planning on telling him not to get me anything and maybe we could just have an extra nice day on Sunday doing something together. Well, to my huge surprise he bought me a beautiful watch! How spoilt!!! There was something even more precious than that though. Jonathan had written a little letter to me from Lachlan....well that bought more than a tear to my eye!
What a privilege and honour it is to be a mum. Every day I am grateful, and every day I remember what great thing God has done in my life.
I just finished making these cards for my baby's grandmothers.

I put his handprint on the back :)

Happy Mothers Day......and an extra long thought for those who find this day a little difficult to get through.
6 comments:
You, Jonathan and Lachlan are very blessed ... you all have extraordinary mums!!!
Happy Mothers Day, Mel!!
Melanie, you are SO talented!! I love the cards and the food looks yummy too :) I love glancing at you and Lachlan at church every now and then... I think you are an awesome mum. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day :)
Love Frances xx
Happy 1st Mother's Day Mel. :) everything looks lovely, well done.
You're SO thoughtful!! I need to take a page out of your book!! Well done and congratulations raising a little one who can do no wrong!! hahha! I thought that was so funny I had to add that one in. You're such a natural mum!!
I just love watching you as a mummy, and such a beautiful women Mel. Do worry you have plenty of qualities that I would like to 'adopt'. Jono and Lachlan are very blessed to have you!
xx
PS Ruth was that a dig at me?? :)
oh no Mel, I was meant to write Don't worry - arrr that doesn't sound very good wish I could edit my comments too!! :(
Post a Comment